After a tough loss that saw the Marshall Thundering Herd dominate the 'Runners, UTSA has now lost…
Early Look: Rice
Head Coach: David Baliff (6th Season)
2013 Record: 3-2 (2-0 CUSA Play)
Conference: Conference USA
- 30-27 Win vs Tulsa
- 18-14 Win vs FAU
- 31-25 Loss vs Houston
- 23-14 Win vs Kansas
- 52-31 Loss vs Texas A&M Owl Offense:
Scoring : 25.6 ppg
Rushing yards: 208.6 ypg
Passing yards: 183.2 ypg
Total yards: 391.8 ypg Offensive Players to Watch:
- QB Taylor McHargue: 6'2" 220lb SR from Cedar Park. A dual-threat type of QB. Leads the Owls in total offense with nearly 200 all-purpose yards per game.
- RB Charles Ross: 6'1" 235lb SR from Schertz. Ross is the Owls leading rusher averaging over 100 yards per game. Owl Defense:
Opponents Scoring: 27.6 ppg
Opponents Rushing yards: 156.6 ypg
Opponents Passing yards: 249.6 ypg
Opponents Total yards: 406.2 ypg Defensive Players to Watch:
- LB Michael Kutzler: 6'0" 205lb SR from Ft Worth. Leads the team in tackles with 41 on the season, has also recorded two sacks and an interception.
- CB Paul Porras: 6'1" 205lb SR from Scottsdale, AZ. Second on the team with 31 tackles, but leads the team with four pass break ups.
InsideRunnerSports.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More