On Saturday morning, UTSA held their annual media day. We spoke with Head Coach Larry Coker about…
8.2 Practice Report
- The pace at which the offense ran plays was incredibly fast. UTSA has always also held fast moving practices, but it seemed like they were moving at an even faster speed.
- Players appeared to be relatively injury-free. A few players had cramps but it did not appear that anyone sat out workouts.
- All three QBs were impressive and showed their skillset. Starting QB Tucker Carter jumped into the offense and picked up where he left on in the spring.
- Backup QB Austin Robinson seems to have improved looking more comfortable in the offense.
- True Freshman QB Blake Bogenschutz was impressive too. In his first real practice as a Roadrunner, Bogenschutz looked comfortable and had some impressive throws.
- RB's David Glasco II and Jarevon Williams got a bunch of reps, both players ran often and ran hard.
- We got a good look at TE David Morgan, who is back healthy. Morgan was featured in a ton of offensive formations and even lined up at the WR outside at times.
- The offensive line subbed players in and out numerous times. It seems like they're hoping to keep players fresh at that position fresh.
- We didn't see much of the defensive line as they mainly participated in indvidiual drills.
- The LBs and secondary were flying around in coverage. CBs Darrien Starling and Crosby Adams made a few good plays.
- UTSA will tenatively begin practicing in pads during the middle of the week.
- We interviewed Larry Coker, Dalton Miller, and Robert Singletary.
InsideRunnerSports.com Recommended Stories
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
7 Facts About the 2014 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
These were lessons we were extremely happy to learn.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Gains in Wheeled Combat Vehicles Closing Gaps
Do advances in wheeled combat vehicles signal that they can now deliver the same mobility as tracked systems in deep mud or sand dunes?Read More
Morris to SMU?
Tonight it was reported that Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris will be SMU's next head coach. Stay with Pony Stampede as we work to confirm!Read More